Timeframes for Returns
For products other than faulty products, to be eligible for a return of your product, you must ensure the product is returned to us:
- For orders shipped within Australia, 7 days of the goods being delivered to you
We will offer a refund, store credit or an exchange (subject to availability) on any item purchased from Montebello Emporium if the garment:
- Has a genuine manufacturing fault; and/or,
- Does not correspond with descriptions given to you.
Please note any refund for a faulty garment must be credited to the original card or account used at the time of purchasing the garment.
Outside the above timeframe, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law.
You are entitled to:
- A replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage; or
- Have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the fault does not amount to a major failure.
A faulty item claim must be made within a reasonable time of receiving the goods. For faulty garments please email your contact details with a description of the fault to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographs of the fault are also welcomed. Please include your original invoice number along with any photographs. We aim to respond to your email within 4 business days.
If a fault does not amount to major failure in the garment, we are entitled to elect between providing you with a repair, replacement or other remedy.
Should you seek compensation, you must provide documentary evidence of the alleged loss or damage suffered by reason of the fault or by reason of any failure of Montebello Emporium to comply with a consumer guarantee under the Australian consumer law. The above policy is consistent with consumer rights under the Australian consumer law.
Wrong Size or Change of Mind
Subject to compliance with the above timeframes for returns, we will offer a store credit for a change of mind or for incorrect sizing if:
- The garment has not been worn, altered and/or washed and is in pristine condition so that it can be re-sold.
- The product has not been damaged whilst in the customer's possession or during delivery.
- The customer has proof of the product purchase.
- The original labels and swing tags are attached to product.
Other Conditions for Returns
Please email or contact us prior to sending your return to us but we do encourage this for faulty products or come into store.
The cost of return shipping is at the customer's expense for any return due to a change of mind or wrong size.
We do not refund or add credit for cost of return postage. we inspect all return items upon receipt. Unless the product is faulty, if your returned goods are assessed as having been worn, damaged, altered, tags removed, or otherwise returned outside of the stipulated timeframe, we will notify you of this assessment and the goods will be returned to you.
Please note that we do not offer exchanges or returns on discounted items, including promotional codes.
We do not accept responsibility for items that are lost or damaged by your courier when being returned to us. We recommend you keep a copy of your couriers tracking number for your follow up.
Other than faulty goods, once we receive your return and subject to the conditions above, we will issue you a store credit covering the cost of the item, excluding the shipping charges.
If you believe the item is faulty, please email us immediately at email@example.com